A brand called Warren
Warren Buffet is not only successful, he is unique; because he is his own person. For a guy who’s worth $44 billion he behaves like a guy worth $44,000. Consider:
- He still lives in the same small 3 bedroom house in mid-town Omaha that he bought after he got married 50 years ago.
- He drives his own car everywhere, and does not have a driver or any security people around him.
- He never travels by private jet, even though he owns the world’s largest private jet company [NetJets].
- He doesn’t socialise with the high society crowd. His idea of a great evening is watching TV at home, eating ice-cream.
- His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs of these companies, giving them their goals for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis.
Now that’s what I call “a regular guy” brand archetype.