Try this quiz:
- Name the last 3 Australian Open winners.
- Name the last 3 Australians Of The Year.
- Name the last 3 Academy Award winners for best actress.
How did you do? Not too well I imagine.
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
- List 3 teachers who made your journey through school awesome.
- Name 3 friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
- Think of 3 people you enjoy spending time with.
Easier? You bet. And that’s because the people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that give a shit, and who have made a difference to YOU.
So why not share this post with some of them …