Yeah. You heard me. I’m talking to YOU.
I’m looking you right in the eyes and telling you that you don’t stand a chance.
I’m telling you that if you can look through this list and say “yes” to three or more of these items, then you should be seriously worried. Here goes:
- Because you prefer the comfort zone over the unknown, the untried, and the untested.
- Because it’s easier to talk about what you’re going to do rather than actually doing it.
- Because you hate your job but won’t leave because you’re afraid you might not get another job.
- Because you care an awful lot about what others think of you.
- Because you did what everyone else did – you studied what they studied and read what they read.
- Because you think learning is only something people do in schools.
- Because you think history is boring and philosophy is stupid and you would rather sit and play Candy Crush.
- Because you get your news and information from commercial TV stations.
- Because you don’t question rules and authority.
- Because you tell yourself that your life is “good enough”.
If you can say “yes” to three or more of the items on this list you need to find a mirror, look yourself straight in the eyes, and ask yourself, “What the fuck am I doing with my life”.
That’s step one, your wake up call. Step two = Stop being a spectator in the stands of life, get on the tennis court, and start smashing the ball around. Sure, you’ll make unforced errors and serve double faults. But at least you’re in the game.