Who are the people who matter to YOU? Try this quiz:
- Name the 2021 Australian Of The Year (awarded in January 2021).
- Name the 2022 Academy Award winner for best actress (awarded in February).
- Name the 2022 male and female Wimbledon champions (played in July).
How did you do? Not too well I’m guessing.
The point is, none of us remembers the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
The people who matter
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
- Name a teacher who made your journey through school awesome.
- Name a friend who has helped you through a difficult time.
- Name a person you enjoy spending time with because they accept you for who you are.
Easier? You bet. And that’s because the people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that give a shit, and who have made a difference to YOU.
Why not share this post with some of them …